My PC is Dead – What can I do?!
How to Troubleshoot a Computer That Won’t Start?
- – This maybe due to failed installation of hardware driver or application program. You can recover it using system restore options. This is done by restarting the PC, then press F8. Select safe mode. Once in the safe mode, click onSTART, PROGRAM, ACCESSORIES, SYSTEM TOOLS, SYSTEM RESTORE. When a new window appear, click restore my system. Provide the necessary information such as the date wherein your system is working smoothly, then clicknext and wait until it restarts. [Note: See system restore help guide/information before using the windows.]
- – If windows are not booting in the safe mode or if you successfully restored your system in the safe mode but still problems occur, re-install your windows. (But before you do this, make sure that you have a back-up copy of all your created files.)
How to set optical drive to be in first boot?
- – Turn on the unit and press the corresponding key to enter in the CMOS/BIOS. It maybe Del, F2, F10, Ctrl+Alt+Del or other key depending on the computer. (It displays the start of the booting.)
- – Once in the BIOS SET-UP, look for the SUB-MENU, and check the BOOTING SEQUENCE of the drive. Make sure that the optical drive is the first in the list.
- – Save and exit the changes made in the BIOS Set-up.